Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things I Stole from Others

So, I decided that its about time to start updating my blog again, and sharing what has been going on in my classroom lately. Recently I've been very focused on enriching my centers time for reading and math. Not an easy task, let me tell you. I'm currently working on implementing Daily 5 for reading, but right now its pretty boring for the kiddos, so I'm trying to spice it up a little bit. My next task is to tackle math centers. Here are some cool things I've seen on Pinterest recently that I'm going to try to use in my classroom:



These little guys are "quiet critters" that I'm going to put on their desks during silent reading time. They only come out when its VERRRRY quiet. We'll see how this works!



I'm going to try to do some word work during centers with these. Its simple, cheap, and easy. The three things I look for in centers activities!!



March is a Solar System unit for us, and the kids are loving it! I'm considering making this play-dough for them and letting them represent the solar system with it. More pictures to come of their Solar System creations soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment